Information about us
Ebico Trading Ltd (“We”, “Us”, “Our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 3507095 and have our registered office at Hexagon House Avenue 4, Station Lane, Witney, Oxfordshire, England, OX28 4BN.
We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this, or websites listed below that are operated by Us (“Our Sites”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our Sites: ebico.org.uk, living.ebico.org.uk, innovation.ebico.org.uk, trust.ebico.org.uk
This webpage (together with the documents referred to in it) gives you the terms on which you use Our Sites, whether as a guest or a registered user. Use of Our Sites includes accessing, browsing, or registering.
Other applicable terms
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018), the Retained Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (UK GDPR), which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data We hold about you;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the below form and We will do our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What data we hold and process?
Depending upon your use of Our Sites and/or products or services provided by brands operated by Us, We may collect, access and/or hold some or all of the following personal data:
- Title, Name, Surname;
- Date of Birth;
- Special categories, such as Priority Service Register (PSR);
- Business/company name;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- Voice telephone recordings
- Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN)
- Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
- Technical meter details
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Sites, and the site you exit to;
- Payment card billing address
- Delivery address for products that you purchase via Our Sites
You may provide to us information about you by filling in forms on this website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, your energy supply details, your property and lifestyle details. We may not necessarily store the information that you provide us on our forms such as bank or card details.
We need this information so that we provide to you products and/or services provided or sold by Us.
How do we use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. The legal purpose for which we hold your data is either contractual obligation/legitimate interest or consent. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the data protection laws and regulations at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails or marketing communication), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We may communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct and/or provision of the products and/or services in general, including notifying you about any changes to the products and/or services. Our use of your information includes, but is not limited to, sharing your personal information with our selected partner(s) (including any successor partner(s) if applicable) to enable them to provide you with the products and/or services as requested by you.
We may pass your details to a third party (including but not limited to another member of our group or partner(s) from time to time) for the purposes of providing the products or services or in the event of a sale of any part of our business or where we are required to disclose your personal information by a governmental body, regulatory authority or law enforcement agency. We will not otherwise disclose your information to a third party.
We may contact you to offer you suggestions about products and services you might want to buy. We may use external companies to do this on our behalf.
We can use your personal information in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to provide you with the right information at the right time, so that we may look at ways of extending our relationship that we have with you. We will always ensure that we keep the amount of your personal information that we collect and the extent of any processing to the absolute minimum to meet this legitimate interest.
In order to handle your application, account or purchase more effectively, we may act on your behalf and access details that our partner(s), or any successor partner(s), hold.
Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Sites;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Sites;
- Supplying our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Sites to enable us to continually improve Our Sites and your user experience;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone with information, news and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and the e-Privacy Act 2018 and any subsequent legislation.
Third parties whose content appears on Our Sites may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties, the details of whom can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was first collected. Your details will be retained whilst you remain our customer and for up to 36 months thereafter.
In addition, we will record your consent to us keeping you in touch about our products and services. Your communication preference will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
Your data will be stored within the United Kingdom (“the UK”) or the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) whenever this is possible. Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Sites.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- We continuously update staff training in line with the latest data protection and security best practice. Our website is secured using SSL encryption and we continuously review our IT security procedures.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
Transferring data outside EEA
When it is not possible to hold your data within the UK or EEA, to help us handle your data appropriately and for an improved consumer experience, your information may be transferred to, and stored in, locations outside the UK or EEA. When we do this we will make sure that we either transfer your data to a country defined by The European Commission as having adequate level of data protection, whether by its domestic legislation or of the international commitments it has entered into, or we will put in place a contract with the processor which will oblige the processor to protect your data to the same standards as the UK or EEA.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your information when it is transferred outside the UK or EEA by contacting us using the details in the “How Can You Access Your Data” section below.
Linking to Our Sites
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to Our Sites in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our Sites other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to apply for permission to make any use of content on Our Sites other than that set out above, please contact us on email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in Our Sites
Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with other companies, such as our delivery and co commercial partners for the purpose of providing you with the relevant products and/or service(s).
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, marketing and our quality & performance evaluation. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Sites including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. Unless you have provided us with explicit consent and we have notified you in advance, all such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
How Can You Access Your Data?
To request access or rectification of your data, please complete our online request form here.
Thank you for visiting Our Sites.